25 Habits to Implement This Year!
It's a new beginning and this year is going to be A M A Z I N G.
I've been reading about picking a word or words to describe how you want to feel and be during the year.
And I have thought long and hard about this - I have chosen a word and then I have read or thought of another word and wondered if the word I have chosen is the "right" word for me....
I have finally settled on two words - CALM and DESERVING.
CALM to remind myself not to lose my s**t with my two boys. I love them with all my heart but they can drive me to distraction!
And to remind me that there is time and space for all that I waant to do.
DESERVING to remind me that it's okay to do something for myself - a facial, lunch with a friend, a new pair of shoes.
What word/s will you choose for 2019?
I'd love to know - hit reply and let me know....
Oh yes, I'm going to get a bracelet and have these two words engraved on it!
At the beginning of the year we have grand plans -
we're going to eat healthy,
have more contact with our friends and family
and the list goes on....
The key to achieving your goals lies in hte small steps you take on a regular, daily basis that become hte habits of your life. That become you New Reality.
And when it comes to changing your habits doing more at once is a sure way to throw your hands up in the air and give up!
Change IS Difficult and we instinctively will do whatever we have to do to avoid change.
But doing one small activity each day that you can build upon can lead to big changes when you look back 50 weeks later...
Here are 25 ways to be healthy in 2019
- choose 2 to begin with -
let me know which 2 you're starting with...
1. Drink Green Tea - this helps to release fatty acids so that you can burn more fat. Drink a cup before you head out for a walk or to exercise. I have started doing this since beginning of December. I can recommend the one I use.
2. Make your own salad dressing - It's summer and it's all about salads. Salad dressing gives extra flavour to your crunch but shop bought options are often loaded with sugar... Here's an easy recipe: Mix equal parts olive oil and apple cider vinegar, add a teaspoon of French mustard, teaspoon of herbs like thyme, marjarom, parsley, pinch of salt, pepper and 2 tsp of xylitol. Shake up and dress your salad.
3. Become a label reader - ingredients are listed according to hte quantity. The first ingredient is what is most in the jar or packet. Look out for sugar in all its various forms and gluten.
4. Try HIIT Workouts - High Intensity Interval Workouts are calorie burners!! And they help to build your muscle mass. The more muscle you have, the better your metabolism operates.
Share with a Friend
Forward to Your Bestie
5. Don't check your online presence first thing in the morning. Give yourself 10 minutes of quiet and calm. Start your day with a simple meditation while you enjoy your cup of tea or coffee - click to download your FREE meditation.
6. Take a probiotic daily - Your gut flora is a delicate balance of good and bad guys. Too much sugar, alcohol and processed foods can put the whole neighbourhood out. A probiotic each day helpsyour gut to stay healthy, it improves weightloss (long term) and boosts immunity.
7. Jump! - Research has shown that jumping in place 10x twice per day improved bone density in the hip-bone after 16 weeks!
8. Apple Cider Vinegar can boost your health. Research has shown that it helps your body to absorb nutrients better, it alkalises your body. And some say that it can help with weight loss.
Drink a tablespoon a day in a glass of water.
9. Don't go thirsty. Dehydration not only gives you a nasty headache but it also has an impact on healthy ageing. I suffered a nasty headache as a result of dehydration while we were travelling recently. We were driving all day and I just didn't drink enough water. Silly.
Aim for 8 x 340ml glasses per day.
Less fluid in our bodies affects the way our cells function.
And remember, herbal teas and apple cider vinegar count towards your daily tally.
10. Enjoy an Epsom Salts bath. Epsom salts replenish your magnesium levels. And magnesium is very important for more than 700 processes in our bodies. Not enough magnesium can show up as headaches, insomnia, muscle cramps, anxiety, fatigue, depression and poor memory.
11. Boost your immune system with a saline nasal spray. The spray moisturises your nasal passages and washes away congestion and allergies. Spray each nostril once or twice, morning and evening.
12. Avoid Energy Drinks - they are high in caffeine and sugar. When they wear off you're left feeling anxious and lacking energy. Give your body foods that will keep you going with stable energy levels.
Like scrambled eggs in coconut oil with bacon and mushrooms. A smoothie with protein powder and nut butter.
13. Drink Your Greens - Start your day with a green smoothie. You'll get loads of vitamins and minerals to boost your health.
And added fibre for healthy digestion.
14. Stomach In - Learning to stand with your tummy in and hips tilted forward improves your posture and your core muscles. Your energy levels will improve, the feel good hormone - serotonin - is released and the stress hormone - cortisol - is decreased.
Simply imagine a thread being pulled out of the otp of your hrad that instantly makes you taller and your tummy automatically goes in. As I write this, I am pulling my tummy in. Try it and see....
15. Eat an avo a day - Avos are high in omega 3 fatty acids which ehlp to build healthy cell walls. they're also a good source of fibre and the part closest to the skin has the most vitamins. Who needs any more reasons to eat avos every day?!
Share with a Friend
Forward to Your Bestie
16. Steam your vegetables to protect their antioxidant properties.
17. Use the hunger scale. Ifyou're not hungry and there is food about, that is NO reason to eat. You could overeat and then you'll feel bad about yourself... which could lead to more eating. Ask yourself how hungry you are and then step away from the food.
18. Spring clean - get rid of the clutter. Research has found that living with clutter can increase the amount of calories you eat by up to 2000! It's because clutter can stress you out which increases your stress hormones which lead you to eat more.
19. Hug somone - positive touch is good for your health. It improves and strengthens your immune system helping you to avoid disease.
20. Increase your good cholesterol and in so doing, reduce your bad cholesterol. Aim to walk 11km/ week and if you're overweight lose 4.5kg
21. Keep your gut balanced. Remove processed foods, drink enough water, eat omega 3s, fibre and cut out sugar. Your immune system will be boosted and stress levels lowered.
22. Give thanks and show gratitude. Begin writing in a journal - get it out of your head and onto paper. Your thanks, your worries, your dreams, your goals.
23. Make soup - Clear your fridge of all your veges once per week - peel and chop, add to a pot with 2 or 3 garlic cloves, add water to cover, salt and pepper, herbs and a cup of lentils. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins. Put it through a blender or use a stick blender to a consistency that you enjoy.
24. Get enough sleep - Adults require 7 - 9 hours per night. Sleep deprivation can lead to weight gain because tired people eat more. Lack of sleep stimulates cravings for sweet, processed foods.
25. Aim for 10,000 steps per day.
I'd love to know which 2 habits you will choose to implement first.
Leave a comment below and let me know!
I've chosen to drink green tea and use a saline spray.
Comments are closed.